PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to enjoy the services & the purchase products we provide, you may be required to provide personal data including without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including credit card account numbers, or bank accounts
- Your household income range, and personal interest.
Personal Information Collection Statement
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for, without limitation:
- Identifying you and any accounts you hold with us;
- Enabling the provision of the Services to you;
- Conducting identity verification and/or credit checks;
- Processing applications or renewal applications for our business partners’ products and services,
- Processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services;
- Order processing, billing and
- Conducting research, statistical analysis,
- Provisioning of customer services;
- To learn from client’s experiences and expectations. This helps us to improve the levels of service we offer and identify the standards required to provide the highest possible levels of service. We may monitor and/or record telephone conversations to ensure consistent customer service - levels and for the purpose of staff training;
- Handling your complaints and account
- Fraud prevention and detection;
- Auditing purposes;
- Making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below);
- Direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners (see section “Direct Marketing” below);
- Any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected; and
- Enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product or renew an insurance product.
From time to time, the Company may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, in-web notifications, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, telephone, mail or fax.
Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or
Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or
- Company’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who
- Company’s business
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account at “Account Profile” when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Cookies are identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our system to
The help menu on most browsers will inform you how to prevent new cookies being transferred to your hard drive and how to disable existing cookies. Please remember that cookies enable you to take full advantage of the facilities available on our site and we recommend that you keep them turned on.
- Obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet;
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable; and
- Enable tighter security.
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
Last Updated: July 2019